Hands-On Guide to Streaming Media
an Introduction to Delivering On-Demand Media, 2nd Edition
This book describes the steps for creating an on-demand and live streaming video in an all-in-one refernce guide for new users and companies that need introduced to the technology.
After reading this book, you will understand:
- How the Internet works in relation to streaming media
- Client/server technology, specifically related to streaming media
- Strengths and limits of streaming media, including best uses for the technology
- Choices of streaming media content creation tools
Joe Follansbee first became passionate for streaming back in 1995, and spent more than five years honing his skills at RealNetworks, the pioneering streaming media company. While there, he managed a quality assurance team for content in RealNetworks' flagship software, RealPlayer. Joe produced and hosted one of the first weekly audio newsletters delivered over the Internet. He has provided technical and logistical support for ABCNews, FOX Television, and MSNBC, as well as helped mom and pop Internet broadcasters put their signals on the Net. He founded a streaming media development company in 2001, and currently works as a freelance writer and consultant.
From 1st Edition:
"Joe Follansbee has written a fun, easy-to-understand book that teaches people about streaming media quickly. If you want to get up and running in a matter of minutes, 'Get Streaming' is a great place to start." Steve Mack
From Amazon: (5 start review)
This is a must have book for anyone who wants to understand how streaming media is really put together from start to finish. Whether you are looking to stream your own media or just want to understand the inner workings of the technology, this book will answer your questions.
1. Quick Start: Your First Streaming Media File
2. The Building Blocks of Streaming Media
3. Producing Audio & Video
4. Audio & Video Production Techniques
5. Encoding Audio and Video
6. Working with Streaming Media Files
8. Linking to Your Streaming Files
9. Embedded Players
10. Alternative Systems
11. Advanced Topics
12. Case Studies (MS, Real, QT, and Flash 8)